21. Brewers (20): Why not make players serving PED suspensions, like Ryan Braun, serve as bullpen catchers? It feels like Braun is getting off easy by keeping his distance from a disappointing team.
22. Mets (18): Daisuke Matsuzaka has turned in back-to-back strong starts after a disappointing start as he auditions for a 2014 contract.
23. Rockies (21): Todd Helton's final homestand gives Colorado fans a reason to talk about something other than Peyton Manning.
24. Padres (28): Solid last month.
25. Twins (25): Rally to beat the Rays on Sunday shows the team still has a pulse under Ron Gardenhire, whose future is a hot topic in Minnesota.
26. Mariners (23): Swept by the Astros at Safeco Field. Ouch.
27. Cubs (27): Back-to-back strong starts from Scott Baker could lead to a deal that keeps him in Chicago for 2014. A 5.09 second-half ERA has dropped Jeff Samardzija's profile.
28. Marlins (29): Jose Fernandez could be a unanimous Rookie of the Year pick.
29. White Sox (26): Chris Sale's Cy Young case is looking watered down after he got pounded by the Indians after a 4-hour, 23-minute rain delay Sunday.
30. Astros (30): Four-game winning streak last week included sweep at Seattle. Young arms are clicking, and even the bullpen has been better with the addition of September guys.