20. Dodgers (17): Don Mattingly sure seems like a very good manager. But his big-ticket team is only 31-34 since the mega trade with Boston last August. Matt Kemp is the guy who could get it turned around but he doesn't seem like the guy who earned the huge contract.
21. Twins (20): Ron Gardenhire has done a good job keeping this team near .500.
22. Mariners (25): Aaron Harang's first victory was part of a promising week, which has slowed the cries for the scalps of GM Jack Zduriencik and always embattled manager Eric Wedge.
23. White Sox (21): Jake Peavy's back is a huge question. There's no way the Sox can hang with playoff teams without big season from the 1-2 combination of Chris Sale-Peavy.
24. Mets (23): The rotation has possibilities but needs Shaun Marcum to continue his steady progression after opening the year on the DL. He was solid in Milwaukee when he was healthy.
25. Angels (22): Swept the Tigers April 19-21 and since then have dropped four straight series. Moved Garrett Richards out of the rotation to help the bullpen but he got a relief loss on Saturday against the Orioles.
26. Padres (26): You'd think side-arming lefty Joe Thatcher would be death on left-handed hitters but they're 7-for-17 off him so far.
27. Marlins (29): Jose Fernandez's win over Cole Hamels on Saturday at Citizens Bank Park has to be great for the kid's confidence.
28. Blue Jays (28): Starting pitching was expected to be a strength but the 5.39 rotation ERA ranks 28th in the majors, better than only the Padres and Astros.
29. Cubs (27): Mid-season could be a good time to deal Alfonso Soriano, assuming he does his part by getting hot. Ryan Sweeney is off to a very good start with Triple-A Iowa (.337-6-16 in 23 games) and would give Dale Sveum a reasonable left-field platoon with Scott Hairston.
30. Astros (30): The DH spot is hitting .210 with a .621 OPS as Bo Porter relies on a platoon of Carlos Pena and Chris Carter. Hard to believe but the Rays and Orioles have gotten less from the DH spot (both are teams to keep in mind regarding Soriano).