Mike Cho, 34, Wicker Park
2. When I look back on the 2013, labor-shortened Blackhawks season, I'll always remember how incredible our team was. From the 24-game NHL all-time record point streak, to winning the Presidents' Trophy, to coming back from a 3-1 series deficit to the hated Red Wings, and finally hitting two goals in the final minute and a half of the clinching game of the Stanley Cup Finals, I'll forever remember that the 2012-2013 Chicago Blackhawks were the best hockey team in the world, period.
Jesse Cohen, 29, Victoria, British Columbia
1. I just bought a projector and was streaming the game onto it through my laptop. It was fresh because I could watch while cooking dinner. I just finished eating, had my iTunes on shuffle and some old Do or Die Alpha & Omega came on. A minute later the Hawks had come back and won the Cup.
The first goal I just threw my fists in the air. The second goal was almost anti-climactic. I didn't want to turn the game off, so I watched the interviews. Honestly felt a little homesick, but also gave me another notch on my south-of-the-border bragging belt. Would've loved to party back home, but I can honestly say I was glad that there wasn't a constant stream of car horns blaring through my window.
2. Didn't realize that Patrick Kane was a redbeard. Also that buzzer beater game we watched in Pequod's was pretty dope. (Ed. note: the March 6 win over Colorado, capped off by Carcillo's game-winning goal.) Most of all though, I'll remember Toews's post-game interview talking about the ups and downs of the playoffs and saying something along the lines of: no matter how good you are you still have to earn it.
Bryan Crawford, RedEye contributor
1. I was sitting at home in the bed watching. When they scored the tying goal I was like, "YES!!" And then when they scored the winning goal like 30 seconds later I was like, "Holy, sh*t!! WTF just happened?!"
2. I'm not really a hockey fan like that and I didn't start watching until the Stanley Cup Finals this year (I watched none of the Stanley Cup Finals the last time the Blackhawks won). It's a really intense game, and I'll always the remember the 2013 Blackhawks for getting me into hockey.
Quin Crawford, 31, Wrigleyville
1. I was at The Green Lady on Lincoln. I went crazy in Wrigleyville in 2010 and took two days to recover! I needed to be realistic this year – having a fiance makes me more responsible!
2. I will remember the Blackhawks making the labor dispute an afterthought after the greatest start of all time. I will remember winning the first Presidents Cup in years. I will remember coming back from down 3-1 in the 2nd round to win in OT in Game 7 against Detroit! I will remember the last playoff series between Chicago & Detroit that we might see for a very long time. I will remember being in Boston when we clinched the Western Conference and trash-talking with all the Bruins fans. I will remember winning the Stanley Cup yet again!!!
Clay Estabrooke, 31, Lincoln Park