But when they start school on August 7, his students will be returning to a newly renovated building -- just five months after an EF-4 tornado tore through town and ripped through the school.
- Bio | Recent columns
- Henryville students set to return to class in wake of devastating tornado
- Henryville still slowly rebuilding two months after tornado
- Child victims of Henryville tornado receive toy donations
- Tornadoes devastate Marysville, Ind.
- Photos: Family killed by tornado
- After the Storm: March 2, 2012
See more photos »
- Henryville Prom Effort Goes National
- Henryville Principal Recalls Storm
- Day of Dedication Tornado Relief (8AM)
See more videos »
Teachers were allowed to come back into the building for planning on August 2, five months to the day from the tornado's devastation.
The school district has scheduled a community open house for Sunday.
School principal Troy Albert said, "It's just going to be a really emotional setting, I think. I think people will be glad at what they see."