A case of a missing college student in Louisiana has Bloomington Police asking questions the similarities to the Lauren Spierer case.
Michaela Shunick was last sent at the University of Louisiana May 21.
Police said the blonde haired, 5’1”, 22-year-old left a home in a popular neighborhood with college kids at 2 a.m. and hasn`t been seen since.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Police: Several 'credible tips' received weekly in Lauren Spierer case
- Police: No connection between Louisiana case and Lauren Spierer
- Investigators working to determine identity of skull found in White River
- The Search for Lauren Spierer
- Parents of missing IU student vow to never give up
- IU student has been missing for two weeks
- New surveillance photos of missing IU student released
See more videos »
Bloomington Police told The Herald Times they have contacted authorities in Louisiana to determine if the two cases could be connected but are still waiting for a return call.
IU student Lauren Spierer was last seen June 3, 2011, after walking home alone from a party.