2:32 PM CDT, June 3, 2013
Because I’m famous as f*** I tend to hang out with other super-famous Chicago people, ranging from RedEye’s Ernest Wilkins all the way to RedEye’s Ryan Smith. However, this also means I sometimes hang out with terrific up-and-coming bands.
One I can’t recommend enough is The Ewing Theory, which just came out with its second album, “Tarantula.” First, I’ll tell just say that you should check out their upcoming show at Wise Fool’s Pub on Saturday June 15. You’ll end up downloading their album and humming their kick-ass single “Radio.” Mark your calendars, so you can come see them before they're actually famous.
There, Ewing Theory, consider yourself plugged. Now here are some fun facts about The Ewing Theory:
• I met these guys last year at Notapalooza, and then figured out that lead singer Joe Redmond was a Browns fan, which is all you have to do to endear yourself to me.
• They took their name from the now-famous Bill Simmons’ theory about superstar basketball players, making them the first to understand that that would be a great name for a band.
• My friend Pete joined the band this year, making them 30% more awesome and 110% panty-dropping sexier (no offense to the other members intended). Pete is my second best-looking friend, and I like following him around and talking to girls whose panties have already dissolved after laying eyes upon him.
• Pete has a mustache and is totally unaware he’s a hipster, which is kind of funny.
• Pete once said to me, “I like hanging out with you, Steve, despite, you know, your personality, and everything you say and do and are.”
• I will be in attendance at the June 15th show, so, you know, come say hi and be all creepy and whatnot.
• According to The Ewing Theory’s promotional material, men and women are encouraged to bring their underwear to throw at the stage.
Copyright © 2014 Chicago Tribune Company, LLC