By RedEye staff
1:33 PM CST, February 24, 2012
To shop the bridal goods Bucktown’s main drag has to offer, take the Blue Line to Damen Avenue and walk from North Avenue toward Armitage. Make the most of your day by calling ahead for appointment-only spots and schedule your stroll accordingly.
(1) Not a pearls kinda girl? Jewelry shop Alexis Bittar (1710 N. Damen Ave. 773-486-5627) stocks plenty of edgy baubles for the nontraditional bride.
(2) For wedding-day primping at your place or theirs, The Bridal Beauty Salon (1912 N. Damen Ave. 773-435-9967; appointment required) has you covered with everything from updos and airbrush makeup to eyelash extensions.
(3) Hidden in the back of stylish shop Roslyn (2035 N. Damen Ave. 773-489-1311), you’ll find a mini-bridal salon stocked with simple (and affordable, at $225 and up) white frocks as well as off-the-rack cocktail dresses for a shower or rehearsal dinner.
(4) Picturesque floral shop Larkspur (pictured) (2123 N. Damen Ave. 773-489-2898) offers free consultations to talk bouquets, boutonnieres and centerpieces; just call ahead to schedule.
(5) Don’t be shy about peeking inside G Boutique (2131 N. Damen Ave. 773-235-1234), where bride-worthy buys range from garter belts and bustiers to undies with “Bride to Be” spelled out in rhinestones.
(6) End your quest at Radiance Fine Jewelry (2139 N. Damen Ave. 773-486-5710), a smart stop for wedding bands both traditional and modern in style, plus custom designs.
Copyright © 2014 Chicago Tribune Company, LLC