10 reasons we're ready to say goodbye to the Marilyn Monroe statue
Forever Marilyn (Tribune File photo / May 1, 2012)
1. We don't have to feel sorry for her when her pedicure gets chipped.
2. We may be able to walk across Pioneer Court without dodging her admirers.
3. Tourists can go back to photographing their reflection in The Bean.
4. The space is freed up for, say, a Ferris Bueller statue.
5. Passersby don't have to feel pressured to perfect their imitation of Marilyn's pose.
6. Children don't have to be haunted by parents whipping out "that photo of me looking up under Marilyn's dress mom made me take" in 10-15 years.
7. Chicagoans can find something new to whine about
8. Tourists can stop making themselves so obvious.
9. No more worrying about being caught on stranger's cameras
10. Because no woman should ever feel that fat.