By RedEye staff
2:39 PM CDT, June 12, 2012
East Lakeview’s main hub, Broadway, may seem dominated by sushi spots and carry-out joints, but a handful of boutiques are hiding in plain sight. This spree starts near Broadway and Wellington and heads northward from there.
1. First up, Johnny Sprockets (3001 N. Broadway 773-244-1079) has everything you need for a ride along the lakefront, from bikes to helmets and messenger bags.
2. Graphic tee junkies will drool over the packed shelves at Threadless (3011 N. Broadway 773-525-8640), which stocks a new batch of the online design collective’s T-shirt designs on a weekly basis a few days before they’re released on the Web.
3. For a peek at comic books of all kinds, take a spin through Graham Crackers Comics (3162 N. Broadway 773-665-2010).
4. Stop in stylish hat shop Goorin Bros. (3243 N. Broadway 773-348-4287) to browse beach-worthy, wide-brimmed sun hats and fabric-trimmed fedoras.
5. Next, make a stop at stationery shop He Who Eats Mud (3247 N. Broadway 773-525-0616) to stockpile cute cards for future birthdays.
6. Up the block, Cram Fashion (3331 N. Broadway 773-477-1737) carries clothing for ladies and gents ranging from Diesel denim to Pan-Am carrier bags.
7. Finally, doting pet owners shouldn’t pass up Wigglyville (3337 N. Broadway 773-528-3337), which carries everything you could want for your cat or dog (or “furry kids” as the owners here like to say), from leashes to toys to treats.
Copyright © 2013 Chicago Tribune Company, LLC