20. Angels (18): Back-to-back rough starts for Jered Weaver, whose return had provided some reason to believe.
21. Dodgers (16): Matt Kemp isn't expected to return for at least one more week. They're not going anywhere until he is right again, no matter how long it takes.
22. Phillies (17): Why wouldn't they trade Jonathan Papelbon?
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- VIDEO: Video: Sveum on Marmol's blown save vs. Mets
VOTE: Who is the worst closer in Cubs history?
- VIDEO: Video: Cubs' Garza on his outing, Marmol's blown save
23. Twins (24): Rebuilt rotation is last in the AL with a 5.14 ERA.
24. Brewers (25): Yovani Gallardo has a 15-inning scoreless streak.
25. Mariners (27): Nick Franklin and Mike Zunino have improved the lineup.
26. Astros (29): Dallas Keuchel is pitching with purpose after not making the team out of spring training.
27. White Sox (23): The plan was to win with pitching and defense, but the injury-ravaged pitching staff has no margin for error with their hitters producing an AL-worst .293 on-base percentage. Chris Sale is fourth in the AL with a 2.90 ERA and third with a 0.90 WHIP but has lost his last three starts, including a 14-strikeout game against the Astros, to fall to 5-5.
28. Cubs (26): Wild newcomer Henry Rodriguez represents a huge project for pitching coach Chris Bosio. His fastball was averaging 97 mph for the Nationals — he had registered triple digits — but he beats himself with lack of control.
29. Mets (28): Marlon Byrd has 11 home runs and could be in play for a trade at the deadline.
30. Marlins (30): Lineup looks a lot different when Giancarlo Stanton and Logan Morrison are in it.