By Carlos Sadovi and Adam Sege
9:23 AM CDT, August 6, 2013
One person was killed and at least eight people were injured in shootings since Monday afternoon on the South and West Sides, police said.
Two other people, brothers ages 35 and 38, were killed in a separate shooting early Tuesday morning on the Far South Side. And two people were stabbed in what is believed to have been a domestic-related incident, officials said.
The 25-year-old man who died sustained gunshot wounds on the 6600 block of South Claremont Avenue in the West Englewood neighborhood on the South Side, said Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer Veejay Zala. Witnesses said the man sustained multiple gunshot wounds.
Jonathan Murray, of the 6600 block of South Oakley, was pronounced dead on the scene at 4:25 p.m., according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.
Police did not release further details about the circumstances of the shooting.
In addition to the fatal shooting, at about 4:52 p.m., a man and woman sustained stab wounds in the 800 block of East 65th Street in the Woodlawn neighborhood on the South Side, Zala said. a 19-year-old woman sustained a stab wound to her leg and was taken to the University of Chicago Hospital. A 19-year-old man was also stabbed in the shoulder several times, police said. Preliminary information indicated that it may be a domestic-related incident, officials said.
In other shootings:
• A 14-year-old boy was shot in the leg about 1:40 p.m. Monday on the 4700 block of South Indiana Avenue in the Bronzeville neighborhood on the South Side, said Zala. He was taken to Comer Children's Hospital in good condition, Zala said. Police said the teen may have been shot in a drive-by shooting.
• At about 5:03 p.m., a 21-year-old man was shot in the groin, Zala said. The shooting happened on the 11600 block of South Loomis Avenue in the West Pullman neighborhood on the Far South Side, police said. The man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in good condition, Zala said.
• At about 5:51 p.m., an 18-year-old man was shot in the arm on the 5000 block of South Oakley Avenue in the Tri-Taylor neighborhood on the West Side, police said. The man was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, Zala said.
• At about 8 p.m., a man and woman walked into Loretto Hospital on the West Side after reportedly being shot on the 4800 block of Adams Boulevard in the South Austin neighborhood on the West Side, police said. The 26-year-old woman and her 23-year-old companion told police they were each shot in the foot, police said.
• About 11:45 p.m., a 38-year-old man was shot in the 5800 block of South Wolcott Avenue in West Englewood, News Affairs Officer Ron Gaines said. Police said the man had been standing on the sidewalk with a group of people when a shooter on a bicycle opened fire. The 38-year-old was struck in the arm and the stomach and was taken to John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County, where his condition was stabilized.
• Also about 11:45 p.m., a 36-year-old woman was shot multiple times in the 6100 block of South Rockwell Street in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood on the Southwest Side, Gaines said. She was taken to Advocate Christ, where she was listed in critical condition.
• About 1 a.m. Tuesday, a 34-year-old man was shot in the stomach in the 5100 block of South Prairie Avenue in the Washington Park neighborhood on the South Side, police said. The man was taken to Stroger, where his condition was stabilized.
Copyright © 2014 Chicago Tribune Company, LLC