In the Chicago Lawn neighborhood about 3:30 p.m., someone shot an 18-year-old man in the midsection in the 6200 block of South Maplewood Avenue, according to Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer Joshua Purkiss.
Ahlheim said the man's condition also had stabilized at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.In a separate incident in the Washington Park neighborhood, a 29-year-old man was shot multiple times and seriously wounded at 1:23 p.m., police said.
The man was walking on the street in the 5800 block of South Michigan Avenue when a gunman approached and shot him three times in the right side -- in the upper back, hand and leg, police said.
- VIDEO: Video: Chicago crime overnight report (Sunday, April 21, 2013)
- PHOTO: Shooting
- STORY: 'They shoot out here every day'
- 6700 South Langley Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
- 5800 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
- 4000 West School Street, Chicago, IL 60641, USA
- 1700 West 83rd Street, Chicago, IL 60620, USA
- 6200 South Maplewood Avenue, Chicago, IL 60629, USA
- 3459 North Sheffield Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657, USA
- 2800 West Monroe Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
The man shot was taken to John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County in serious condition, according to police.
The shooter, whose age was not immediately known, was described as wearing a blue jacket with an attached gray hood, with "twists" in his hair, police said.
He fled on foot after the attack and no arrests have been made.
Earlier, in the Park Manor neighborhood, a 25-year-old man was shot in another incident that took place at 12:50 p.m. in the 6700 block of South Langley Avenue, police said.
The 25-year-old was standing on a corner when a purple-colored car pulled up, and a passenger got out and fired shots at the victim, said Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer John Mirabelli.
The victim, whose injuries were not life-threatening, was hit in the buttocks and taken by ambulance to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where his condition has stabilized, Mirabelli said.
No one was arrested and the shooter fled.
Jeremy Gorner contributed.