9:32 AM CDT, July 19, 2013
A man was shot to death in the South Loop and another man was killed in Lawndale in attacks across Chicago that also wounded five other people, including a 16-year-old boy.
Andre Bunton, 37, was shot around 11:25 p.m. Thursday as he sat in a parked car near 15th Place and Indiana Avenue in the South Loop, police said. He tried to drive away and crashed into two parked cars on Prairie Avenue.
Bunton was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital and pronounced dead there at 12:01 a.m., authorities said. He lived in the 14300 block of Lincoln Avenue in Dolton.
In Lawndale, Alexander Mayo, 19, was shot in the 1300 block of South Avers Avenue around 1:30 p.m. Thursday He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital and pronounced dead about 3:50 p.m., according to the Cook County medical examiner's office. He lived in the 100 block of South Cuyler Avenue in Oak Park.
In other shootings:
• A 16-year-old boy was shot in the chest in the 6200 block of South Justine Street in Englewood about 4:15 a.m. Friday, police said. The boy was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in serious condition.
• A 26-year-old man walked into Advocate Trinity Hospital with a gunshot wound about 1:30 a.m. after being shot in the 6200 block of S. Eberhart Avenue, Alfaro said. The man had been on his porch, across the street from where a fight was taking place, when someone opened fire. He suffered a leg wound.
• Just two blocks away a few hours earlier, a 24-year-old man was shot in the ankle near 63rd and Paulina streets in the West Englewood neighborhood. Two men stepped out of a white van about 12:45 a.m. and opened fire, Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer Hector Alfaro said. He was taken to St. Bernard Hospital and Health Care Center.
• A 22-year-old man was shot in the leg about 3:30 p.m. Thursday in the 3000 block of North Allen Avenue in the Logan Square neighborhood. The man was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
• A man was wounded about 1:30 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of East 69th Street in the Park Manor neighborhood, according to News Affairs Officer Joshua Purkiss. The man suffered a wound to his buttocks and was taken to John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County.
Copyright © 2014 Chicago Tribune Company, LLC