The robbers approached the 24-year-old man around 11:10 p.m. Tuesday at the corner of Homan Avenue and Monroe Street, Police News Affairs Officer Hector Alfaro said. He was shot in the knee as he ran off, Alfaro said.
- VIDEO: Video: Chicago crime overnight report (Wednesday, March 27, 2013)
- More Austin crime »
- More Near West Side crime »
- Homan and Monroe
- West Side shooting
- 3400 West Monroe Street, Chicago, IL 60624, USA
- 7100 South Merrill Avenue, Chicago, IL 60649, USA
- 4800 West Fulton Street, Chicago, IL 60644, USA
- 1200 South Throop Street, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
In other shootings:
-- A man was shot near 71st Street and Merrill Avenue in the South Shore neighborhood around midnight, police said. He suffered a wound to his arm and was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
Police said he was not cooperating with investigators.
-- A 20-year-old man was shot in the left thigh on Throop Street just south of Roosevelt Road around 7 p.m. Tuesday, Alfaro said.
-- And a 19-year-old was wounded in the 4800 block of West Fulton Street in the Austin neighborhood around the same time. Someone in a car shot the man after a "verbal altercation," Alfaro said. He was hit in the right side of his back and taken to West Suburban Medical Center.
No one is in custody for the shootings.