A 16-year-old boy was shot to death and six others were wounded in shootings across the city since about noon Saturday, and a woman was stabbed Saturday morning.
The boy who died was shot in the 1000 block of East 93rd Street in the Burnside neighborhood about 7:55 p.m. He died at the scene. The Cook County medical examiner's office identified him as Michael Flournoy, 16. He lived in the 8000 block of South Evans Street, police said.
In other shootings:
• A man in his 30s was shot in both legs about 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 1400 block of West 110th Street in the Morgan Park neighborhood on the Far South Side. Early Sunday morning, police searched for shell casings in front of a house in a parkway littered with liquor bottles. The man was taken to an area hospital. The Chicago Police Department Office of News Affairs didn't have any other information about the shooting as of about 5 a.m.
• About 9:15 p.m. Saturday, a 26-year-old man was shot in the 2000 block of West Birchwood Avenue in Rogers Park. He was taken to St. Francis Hospital in Evanston with wounds to his hand and leg. He's in stable condition. He was shot by someone on foot, News Affairs Officer Amina Greer said.
• Earlier, another man was taken to Roseland Hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg and wounds from a pistol-whipping after he won a dice game. Police said he was shot about 8:52 p.m. in the 13100 block of South Ellis Avenue in the Altgeld Gardens housing complex. The person who shot him lost the dice game, police said.
• About 7 p.m., a 34-year-old man leaning on a fence in the 8200 block of South Loomis Boulevard in Gresham neighborhood on the South Side was shot by someone wearing a mask, police said. He was hit in the left shoulder and taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center.
• A man was shot about 3:30 p.m. in the 11300 block of South Parnell Avenue in the Roseland neighborhood on the Far South Side while sitting in a car with an acquaintance. The men, in their 20s, were in a driveway when two people approached and at least one opened fire. The gunshot victim walked into Roseland Hospital with a wound to the left shoulder.
• Another man, 22, was shot in the face about 11:25 a.m. in the 10500 block of South Wabash Avenue in Roseland. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center. His condition had stabilized but it's not clear what led to the shooting.
In addition to the shootings, a woman sustained several upper-body wounds on the 1500 block of North Long Avenue in the Austin neighborhood, said News Affairs Officer Michael Sullivan. The incident happened at 10:06 a.m. and the woman was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where her condition had stabilized, Sullivan said. Police have a man in custody, Sullivan said.