"I was surprised that it was right on Milwaukee Avenue," said Jenny Knowlton, 50, who works at a store a few doors down from the site of the shooting.
The incidents didn't change the Chicago native's feelings about Wicker Park.
"It's a late-night thing," she said. "It can happen anywhere. After the bars close and people have had a few drinks, things can get crazy."
- VIDEO: Man charged, held on $1M bail for fatal Wicker Park shooting
- PHOTO: Manuel Gonzalez, 29
- VIDEO: Video: Family mourns loss of Wicker Park shooting victim
- Photos: Wicker Park shooting scene
- Chicago crime overnight report: Robber stabbed with screwdriver
- 2600 North Sacramento Avenue, Chicago, IL 60647, USA
- 2500 North Kildare Avenue, Chicago, IL 60639, USA
- 1500 North Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, IL 60622, USA
Colleen Harvey, 29, said the recent violence didn't make her regret moving to nearby Bucktown about a year ago.
"It wasn't anything that's typical," she said. "I feel really safe in this neighborhood."