Police responded to a shots-fired call about 3 a.m. and found the man in his car with the window down in the parking lot of Warren Elementary School, 9232 S. Chappel Ave., in the Pill Hill neighborhood, police said.
- More Auburn Gresham crime »
- More Austin crime »
- More Belmont Cragin crime »
- Sister of murder victim
- Montrose homicide
- 400 block of West Evergreen
- 9239 S Jeffery Blvd, Chicago, IL 60617, USA
- 4375 N Broadway, Chicago, IL 60613, USA
- 8500 S Throop St, Chicago, IL 60620, USA
- 400 W Evergreen Ave, Chicago, IL, USA
- 5000 W Montana St, Chicago, IL 60639, USA
- 6300 S Throop St, Chicago, IL 60636, USA
- 5900 S Prairie Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
- 9600 S Sangamon St, Chicago, IL 60643, USA
- 5200 W Madison St, Chicago, IL, USA
- 1800 W 51st St, Chicago, IL, USA
- 1500 N Lorel Ave, Chicago, IL 60651, USA
A 45 year-old woman was shot to death after 5 a.m. near the intersection of Montrose Avenue and Broadway in the Uptown neighborhood on the North Side, according to police, but details weren't immediately available.
The woman has been identified as Yolanda Holmes, of the 1000 block of West Montrose Avenue, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.
Elsewhere, an 18-year-old man and seven others were wounded in shootings between 9:55 p.m. Saturday and 4 a.m. Sunday, according to police.
The teen was shot about 9:55 p.m. in the 8500 block of South Throop Street in the Gresham neighborhood on the South Side. He's in stable condition at Advocate Christ Medical Center with wounds to his right calf and lower back, police said.
Two men, 36 and 39, were shot about 12:40 a.m. in the 400 block of West Evergreen Street in the Old Town neighborhood on the Near North Side. Both sustained leg wounds. The older was shot and taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital and the other man was grazed and treated at the scene, police said.
A 20-year-old man was shot about 1 a.m. at a party in 5200 block of West Madison Street in the South Austin neighborhood on the West Side. The man's girlfriend drove him to an unidentified local hospital, police said. No other details were available.
A 22-year-old man was shot about 1:35 a.m. in the 5000 block of West Montana Street in the Cragin neighborhood on the Northwest Side. He was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center after someone shot him in the chest, police said. He was standing with a group of people when someone walked up and shot at the group, police said.
About 1:45 a.m., a 23-year-old man was shot on a CTA bus in the 6300 block of South Throop Street in the Englewood neighborhood on the South Side. He was shot in the left arm and is in stable condition at Advocate Christ Medical Center, police said.
A woman, 23, was shot about 3 a.m. in the 5900 block of South Prairie Avenue in the Washington Park neighborhood on the South Side. She was taken to John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County with a wounded leg, police said.
A 23-year-old man was shot about 3:45 a.m. in the 9600 block of South Sangamon Street in the Longwood Manor neighborhood on the Far South Side, police said. He sustained multiple gunshot wounds and is in serious condition at Advocate Christ Medical Center. Someone approached him on foot and opened fire, police said.
Three others were shot Saturday afternoon:
• An 18-year-old man about 6 p.m. in the 1800 block of West 51st Street in the Back of the Yards neighborhood on the South Side. He was in good condition at the University of Chicago Hospitals, police said.
• An 18-year-old man about 2:30 p.m. in the 1500 block of North Lorel Avenue in the North Austin neighborhood on the West Side. He was treated and released from an unidentified hospital after receiving a graze wound to the shoulder, police said.
• A 29-year-old man about 1:30 p.m. in the 2000 block of East 71st Street in the South Shore neighborhood on the South Side. The man was treated and released from Jackson Park Hospital after he was shot in the foot by a man in a black hooded shirt with a handgun, police said.