At least 30 people were shot over about 13 hours starting 2:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon and continuing into early Monday morning. Four of the 30 people shot died and several more remain in critical condition.
The shootings Sunday into Monday brings the holiday weekend total to at least 82 people were shot during an 84-hour stretch between 3:30 p.m. Thursday and 3:30 a.m. Monday morning. Fourteen were killed.
The four incidents in which people were killed Sunday into Monday are:
- VIDEO: Video: Violent holiday weekend in Chicago
- STORY: 2 boys, 14 and 16, among 5 shot by cops
- STORY: 11 hurt over Friday night to Saturday morning
- Photos: Boy, 16, shot dead by police
- Throop Street shooting
- Police investigate a shooting scene
- W Jackson Blvd & S Halsted St, Chicago, IL, 60661, United States
- E 84th St & S Buffalo Ave, Chicago, IL, 60617, United States
- 1000 N Springfield Ave, Chicago, IL, 60651, United States
- 7200 S Dobson Ave, Chicago, IL, 60619, United States
- 10900 S Throop St, Chicago, IL, 60643, United States
- 5500 S Lawndale Ave, Chicago, IL, 60629, United States
- 9600 S Carpenter St, Chicago, IL, 60643, United States
- E 81st St & S Exchange Ave, Chicago, IL, 60617, United States
- E 80th St & S Escanaba Ave, Chicago, IL, 60617, United States
- W 87th St & S Morgan St, Chicago, IL, 60620, United States
- 8400 S Loomis St, Chicago, IL, 60620, United States
- W 116th St & S Stewart Ave, Chicago, IL, 60628, United States
- W 115th St & S Harvard Ave, Chicago, IL, 60628, United States
- W 101st St & S Emerald Ave, Chicago, IL, 60628, United States
- W 66th St & S Hoyne Ave, Chicago, IL, 60636, United States
- 1500 N Mason Ave, Chicago, IL, 60651, United States
- W Lake St & N Laramie Ave, Chicago, IL, 60644, United States
- 7200 S Cornell Ave, Chicago, IL, 60649, United States
- 8300 S Wood St, Chicago, IL, 60620, United States
- 8500 S Exchange Ave, Chicago, IL, 60617, United States
- 5600 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL, 60637, United States
- W 110th St & S Normal Ave, Chicago, IL, 60628, United States
- 333 E 132nd St, Riverdale, IL, 60827, United States
- E 134th St & S Vernon Ave, Riverdale, IL, 60827, United States
• A 24-year-old man was shot to death about 2:20 a.m. Monday at 84th Street and Buffalo Avenue in The Bush neighborhood on the South Side. He was found in the middle of the block with multiple gunshot wounds and police believe his attacker approached from a gangway and opened fire.
The man, Joey Henderson, of the 8400 block of Buffalo in Chicago, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office, was pronounced dead at Northwestern Memorial Hospital early Monday morning.
• A woman, 44, was killed about 12:30 a.m. Monday in the Morgan Park neighborhood on the Far South Side. She was shot in the torso and arm while standing against a car in the 10900 block of South Throop Street. It's not clear whether she was the target. Investigators at the medical examiner's office later said her name was Tonya Gunn, of the 400 block of West 115th Street.
• A 23-year-old man was shot to death about 9:05 p.m. Sunday at 116th Street and Stewart Avenue in the West Pullman neighborhood on the Far South Side. He had been on a porch when someone opened fire, wounding the man.
According to the medical examiner's office, the man who was killed is Shiquille I. Salter of the 300 block of West 116th Street in Chicago.
Neighbors at the house next door had been playing cards – their game lit by lights attached to an umbrella set up over a table. They dropped to the ground and crawled inside.
The man shot ran through a vacant lot and collapsed in a bushlike patch of weeds growing under a light pole. Police found him bleeding from at least two gunshot wounds to his torso and he was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center.
While a single squad car guarded the small scene where the man fell, someone opened fire about 11:05 p.m. about a block away at 115th Street and Harvard Avenue, wounding a man who later turned up at Roseland Community Hospital with a gunshot wound to the left side of his chest. The 20-year-old was dropped off at the hospital with the wound about 11:20 p.m.
• Two people were shot in Austin, near Lake Street and Laramie Avenues, about 5:40 p.m. A 21-year-old who died was pronounced dead at 6:11 p.m. at West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office. He has been identified as Donald Ray, of the 2000 block of West Adams Street, in Chicago.
He was with a 19-year-old man seated in a car when an offender approached on foot and fired shots into the car, Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer Stacey Cooper said. The 21-year-old was shot in the head and died on the scene, Cooper said.
The 19-year-old was shot in the upper right thigh and taken to Stroger hospital in "stable'' condition, Cooper said.
In other shootings across the city:
• A man was taken to John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County with a wound to his buttocks after someone shot him about 3:30 a.m. early Monday morning near Jackson Boulevard and Halsted Street in the Greektown neighborhood on the Near West Side. Details about the shooting weren't immediately available.
• Two men, 38 and 46, were shot about 1:25 a.m. in the 7200 block of South Dobson Avenue in the Grand Crossing neighborhood on the South Side. Both were taken to Stroger hospital. The younger man was shot in the left leg and right side of his torso and grazed in the head. The older man was shot in the upper right thigh. Both are in stable condition, police said.
• A 24-year-old man was shot about 1:10 a.m. in the 1000 block of North Springfield Avenue in the Humboldt Park neighborhood on the West Side. He was standing on the corner when he heard shots and felt pain, police said. He was taken to Stroger hospital with a gunshot wound to his lower back. He's in serious condition there.
• A man in his 20s walked into Mount Sinai Hospital with a gunshot wound to his hand about 12:45 a.m. He had been shot in the 5500 block of South Lawndale Avenue in the West Elsdon neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
• Two teens were shot about 12:40 a.m. in the 9600 block of South Carpenter Street in the Longwood Manor neighborhood on the Far South Side. Someone in a light-colored sedan opened fire on the two while they were standing outside, police said. A 16-year-old boy was taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital with a gunshot wound to his left leg and a 19-year-old man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center with a wound to the right side of his torso, police said.