Shootings on Chicago's South, West and Northwest sides since Friday evening have left two men dead and at least seven people injured, including a 16-year-old boy, according to police.
About 1:10 a.m., a 42-year-old man was shot in the abdomen in the 700 block of East 67th Street in the West Woodlawn neighborhood on the South Side, Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer Amina Greer said.
Police responding to reports of gunshots found the man lying in an alley, bleeding from multiple gunshots to abdomen, police said. He was taken to John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County and pronounced dead at 2:10 a.m., according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.
The man was identified as Michael Turner, of the 9400 block of South Eberhart Avenue, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.
Just 15 minutes later on the West Side, two men were shot about 1:25 a.m. in the vestibule of a building in the 300 block of North Central Avenue in the South Austin neighborhood on the West Side, Greer said.
One of the men, 26, was struck multiple times in the abdomen. The man, identified as Deangelo Shelton, of the 3800 block of West Arthington Street, was pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital at 1:30 a.m., according to the medical examiner's office.
The other man who was shot, a 25-year-old, was also struck in the abdomen, police said. He was listed in guarded condition at Mount Sinai Hospital.
Police said the men had been inside the building when a gunman came inside with other people, opened fire, and fled.
In other shootings:
• About 4 a.m., a 27-year-old man was walking in the 1800 block of North St. Louis Avenue in the Logan Square neighborhood on the Northwest Side when he got into an argument with three men, said News Affairs Officer Jose Estrada, citing preliminary reports. The group yelled gang slogans, and one of them shot the victim in his left-lower leg, said Estrada. The man then ran to a relative's house who drove him to St. Mary's Hospital, where his condition was stabilized.
• About 3:25 a.m. Saturday, a 27-year-old man was shot in the 1100 block of W. 68th Street in the Englewood neighborhood on the South Side. Police said the man was standing on a porch when a male assailant approached on foot and opened fire, striking him in the groin and leg. The man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where his condition was stabilized.
• In the 8100 block of South Ingleside Avenue in the East Chatham neighborhood on the South Side, a 37-year-old man was shot in the hip about 3 a.m. He was taken to Advocate Christ, where his condition was stabilized. Police said the man was sitting in a parked vehicle when someone approached on foot and opened fire.
• Earlier, about 11:30 p.m. Friday, an 18-year-old man was hurt in a drive-by shooting as he stood on the sidewalk with several other people in the 1800 block of North Mozart Street in the Logan Square neighborhood on the Northwest Side, police said. The man suffered a graze wound to the lower right leg and was taken to S. Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center, where he was listed in good condition.
• About 11:55 p.m., a 29-year-old man was shot in the lower chest in the 6800 block of South Laflin Street in the Englewood neighborhood, police said. He was taken to Christ Medical Center, where his condition was stabilized.
• About 4:35 p.m., a 16-year-old boy was shot in the leg in the 3400 block of West 79th Street in the Ashburn neighborhood on the Southwest Side. The boy was standing on the street when someone approached on foot and opened fire, police said. He was taken to Christ Medical Center, where his condition was stabilized.Copyright © 2015, RedEye