A 25-year-old man was shot in the leg early this morning during a party on the 22nd floor of a Loop hotel, police said.
The shooting, one of several overnight shooting incidents across the city that left at least six other people injured, happened about 2:15 a.m. at the Palmer House, 17 East Monroe St., Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer Hector Alfaro said.
The man was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in good condition.
Police said no suspects were in custody and that the man was not cooperating fully with detectives.
Everyone involved knew each other, according to police. Police were not sure what led to the shooting because the individuals involved were not cooperating with police, according to police.
Ken Price, director of public relations for the hotel said they are working with police.
"The Palmer House takes very seriously the safety and security of its guests and it is, above all else, our number one priority," Price said in a statement.
In other overnight shootings:
• A 28-year-old man walking on the street was hit in the hand by a shot fired by a male passenger in a silver, older-model Lexus driven by a female, police said. The incident happened about 4:55 a.m. in the 300 block of East 75th Street in the Park Manor neighborhood on the South Side. The victim, who was transported to St. Bernard in good condition, ran from the scene as the attackers fled.
• A 28-year-old male sustained a gunshot wound to the hand about 4:55 a.m. at 11 E. 75th Street in the Chatham neighborhood on the South Side, said News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak. He is in good condition at St. Bernard Hospital.
• A 22-year-old man riding inside a vehicle was shot in the arm about 4:18 a.m. at North Avenue and Kedvale Avenue in the Hermosa neighborhood on the Northwest Side, Kubiak said. He was driven to Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center, where his condition had stabilized.
• A 19-year-old man was shot in the left hand and in the left side of his jaw while exiting a vehicle about 4:15 a.m. in the 3900 block of West 65th Place in the West Lawn neighborhood on the Southwest Side, according to Kubiak. He was taken to Holy Cross Hospital and was transferred to Advocate Christ Medical Center, where his condition had stabilized.
• About 10 p.m., a 20-year-old man was shot in the shin while walking down the sidewalk in the 5500 block of South Shields Avenue in the Englewood neighborhood on the South Side, Alfaro said. He was taken to Saint Bernard Hospital and Health Care Center, where his condition was stabilized.
• About 9:20 p.m., a 35-year-old man was shot in the leg near the intersection of West 85th Street and South Loomis Boulevard in the Gresham neighborhood on the South Side, Alfaro said. The man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was listed in good condition.
No arrests have been made in any of the shootings and police continue to investigate.
Twitter: @ChicagoBreakingCopyright © 2015, RedEye