The 2012 TBS Just for Laughs Comedy Festival has announced many of its headliners for the upcoming June fete of the funny in Chicago.
The big-house slate at the Chicago Theatre, 175 N. State St., will include "An Evening With Kevin Smith" ("Clerks") on June 14; Aziz Ansari ("Parks and Recreation"), performing June 15; and "Vince Vaughn's Comedy Showcase," featuring Vaughn and several of his favorite comics, on June 17.
- The shows at The Vic, 3145 N. Sheffield Ave., will include Patton Oswalt ("Ratatouille") on June 14 and John Oliver ("The Daily Show") on June 15.
- At the Akoo (formerly Rosemont) Theatre in suburban Rosemont, blue-collar favorite Bill Engvall, Billy Gardell and John Pinette will all share a single bill on June 17.
- Park West, 322 W. Armitage Ave. will feature Amy Schumer ("Roast of Charlie Sheen") on June 13; and a three-night stand by Stephen Merchant, best known as the co-creator of "The Office" from June 14-16. Jeffrey Ross, known for his roasts, will appear late nights on June 15 and 16.
- This year, Just for Laughs will also present an off-Broadway comedy show at the Victory Gardens Biograph. Titled "Mike Birbiglia: My Girlfirend's Boyfriend," the show features Birbiglia discussing his romantic mishaps. It plays June 12-16 at 2433 N. Lincoln Ave.
- Lastly, the House of Blues, 329 N. Dearborn St., will feature The Dan Band, featuring Dan Finnerty, on June 16.
More shows are to come. Tickets are on sale April 14. For the full schedule, visit justforlaughschicago.com.
Copyright © 2015, RedEye