A gunman fired at a group of people on a West Side porch Tuesday night, wounding two teenagers in one of five Chicago shootings that left a total of six people injured overnight.
About 10:15 p.m., shots were fired from a vehicle as it passed a group in the 3800 block of West Arthington Street in the Lawndale neighborhood, Police News Affairs Officer Ron Gaines said.
A 15-year-old girl was grazed in the cheek, and a 19-year-old woman suffered a graze wound to the leg, Gaines said. Their conditions were stabilized at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- VIDEO: Video: Teenage girl shot in head
- More West Garfield Park crime »
- More West Englewood crime »
- Police investigate shooting on Cullerton Street
- 3800 W Arthington St, Chicago, IL, 60624, United States
- 7100 S Winchester Ave, Chicago, IL, 60636, United States
- 1000 W Cullerton St, Chicago, IL, 60608, United States
- 6400 S Ellis Ave, Chicago, IL, 60637, United States
- 6200 S St Lawrence Ave, Chicago, IL, 60637, United States
In a separate West Side shooting, a 17-year-old girl was shot in the head in the 1000 block of West Cullerton Street about 1:45 a.m., police said. The girl was in a car with her boyfriend and other people when someone on foot started shooting, police said.
The girl was taken in critical condition to Mount Sinai Hospital where her condition has ben stabilized.
In other overnight shootings:
• A 25-year-old man was shot during an apparent robbery in the 6200 block of South St. Lawrence Avenue in the West Woodlawn neighborhood about 1:15 a.m. Someone approached on foot, announced a robbery, and shot the man after he surrendered an unknown amount of cash, police said.
A relative drove the man to Roseland Community Hospital, and he was later transferred to Mount Sinai Hospital, where his condition was stabilized.
• A 27-year-old man was shot in the 6400 block of South Ellis Avenue in the Woodlawn neighborhood.
The man was in a vehicle in an alley when someone approached on foot and fired shots about 10:45 p.m., police said. The man was taken to John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County.
• A 23-year-old man was shot about 9:30 p.m. in the 7100 block of South Winchester Avenue in the West Englewood neighborhood.
Police said a light-colored vehicle pulled up and someone inside shot the man in the back. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where his condition was stabilized.
email@example.com | Twitter @AdamSege