Police arrested a limo driver Saturday night and charged him with driving under the influence after he drove 23 Oswego East High School students to prom, according to authorities.
Richard L. Madison, of the 9900 block of Walnut Terrace in Palos Hills, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and one count of reckless conduct.
Madison was driving for Limos Alive Party Bus, according to the DuPage County Sheriff's Office. A call to the company went unanswered early Sunday morning.
- VIDEO: Limo driver arrested for driving kids to prom while drunk
- VIDEO: Video: Chicago crime overnight report: 2 shot, 1 dead; limo driver arrested
- PHOTO: Richard L. Madison, 54.
- 1525 Harvey Road, Oswego, IL 60543, USA
- 3S002 Highway 53, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137, USA
- 9900 Walnut Terrace, Illinois and Michigan Canal, Palos Hills, IL 60465, USA
Police said Madison was driving erratically toward Abbington Banquets in unincorporated west suburban Glen Ellyn when some of the students called their parents.
Two off-duty Oswego police officers working security at the prom called the DuPage County Sheriff's Office, according to a release from the sheriff.
The next court appearance for Madison, 54, is tomorrow.