A man who touched two girls inappropriately on a Red Line train within a few minutes of each other last month is being sought by Chicago Police detectives, who released surveillance photos of the man today.
In both attacks April 11 around 7 a.m., the man went up to a girl, touched her legs, and tried to put his arms around her, according to a community alert issued by Area North detectives. One incident took place just before 7 a.m. near the Belmont stop, according to police records, and the other took place near the Wilson stop, said Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Joshua Purkiss.
After each attack, the girl was able to leave the “L” train, and the man fled, according to the alert.
Police did not release the exact ages of the victims, but said they were both juveniles, which would make them both under age 18.
The attacker is described as a black man with a medium to dark complexion, between the ages of 20 and 25, about 5-foot-10 to 6 feet tall, and weighing 170 to 190 pounds. The surveillance photos show him wearing a dark, possibly brown, jacket, a yellow shirt with a collar, and a ski cap with brown and yellow or tan stripes.
Anyone with information about the attacker or the attacks, which police are considering incidents of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, is asked to call Area North detectives at 312-744-8261 or submit an anonymous tip via tipsoft.com.