"Orange is the New Black" will make a prison out of binge viewers' living rooms beginning June 6 on Netflix, but there's a whole lot more great TV coming this summer. Here are some of the new shows that could lock up your viewing time in the next three months.
The Last Ship
8 p.m. June 22, TNT
A U.S. Navy ship sets sail with a scientist aboard on a secret mission to save the world from a global pandemic. Rhona Mitra, Adam Baldwin. And McSteamy's on board (Eric Dane of "Grey's Anatomy").
9 p.m. June 29, HBO
Justin Theroux and Amy Brenneman star as two of the 98 percent—those humans left on Earth after a rapture-like event caused the other 2 percent of humanity to disappear.
9:30 p.m. PBS, June 29
This comedy gives a peek at what all the recent gay marriages in Illinois might look like in 49 years. Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi play adorably bitchy long-time loves.
8 p.m. July 9, CBS
Halle Berry plays an astronaut who returns to Earth from a yearlong solo space flight—and she's pregnant. Cue the "Twilight Zone" music.
9 p.m. July 13, FX
Not all vampires are pretty, especially when Guillermo del Toro creates them. Corey Stoll stars as a doctor fighting the vamp virus.
8 p.m. July 15, El Rey
Tony "Matador" Bravo is not just a world-class soccer player—he's a CIA spy with hot moves on and off the field.
The Hotwives of Orlando
Hulu Plus, July 15
Casey Wilson, Angela Kinsey and Kristen Schaal play three of the hot wives in this send-up of the popular reality TV franchise.
7 p.m. July 31, ABC
Missing "Game of Thrones"? This competition crosses fantasy with "The Amazing Race" as contestants navigate a world filled with ogres and dragons.
Masterpiece Mystery: Agatha Christie's Poirot
8 p.m. July 27 ("The Big Four") and Aug. 3 ("Dead Man's Folly"), PBS
Aug. 11 ("Elephants Can Remember"), Aug. 18 ("Labours of Hercules") and Aug. 25 ("Curtain"), acorn.tv
With five new mysteries, David Suchet will have played the iconic detective Hercule Poirot in adaptations of all 70 of Agatha Christie's original stories.
8 p.m. Aug. 9, Starz
A British nurse somehow is transported from 1945 to the 1700s and into the arms of a sexy Scottish warrior who looks great in and out of his kilt.
8 p.m. Aug. 13, TNT
I understand "Game of Thrones" actor Sean Bean will not lose his head playing an undercover FBI agent in this thriller from "Homeland" producer Howard Gordon.
7:30 p.m. June 25, ABC Family
"Beverly Hills 90210" stars Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth stretch their talents playing former TV starlets brought together by a mystery.
Girl Meets World
8:45 p.m. June 26, Disney
"Boy Meets World" characters have grown up and have kids of their own.
The '90s: The Last Great Decade?
8 p.m. July 9, Nat Geo
Rob Lowe hosts this look back at the entertainers and other newsmakers of the decade.
Want more? Discuss this article and others on Show Patrol's Facebook page.Copyright © 2015, RedEye