R2-D2 and a group of droids are sent on the dangerous mission in the latest episode of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars."
"Secret Weapons," airing at 8:30 a.m. Dec. 1 on Cartoon Network, launches a new story arc. In the sneak peek below, Col. Gascon (voiced by Stephen Stanton) drills the droids about the mission to obtain an encryption module from a Separatist dreadnought. In the clip above, creepy Dr. Gubacher explains to the droids all the modifications he is making to them.
The droids we meet and their masters are:
- R2-D2, with Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker
- QT-KT, with Jedi Knight Aayla Secura
- U9-C4, with Jedi Knight Thongla Jur
- M5-BZ, with Jedi Knight Tera Sinube
- WAC-47, Clone Commander Neyo
Other episode trivia from Lucasfilm:
- The opening logo on the episodes of this arc is blue rather than the traditional yellow, as a tribute to R2-D2.
- Clone Commander Neyo was first seen on Saleucami in "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith."
- QT-KT is inspired by R2-KT, a pink astromech droid created by Star Wars fans in tribute to Katie Johnson, daughter of Albin Johnson, founder of the 501st Legion. The droid, who is now dedicated to the memory of the late Katie, makes appearances at children's hospitals. Though R2-KT previously appeared in The Clone Wars movie, Qutee is a separate droid to avoid having two droids named "Artoo" on the same mission.
- The hazard labels on R2-D2's enhanced booster rockets read: "WARNING: Supercharger boost must not exceed 150 percent" and "KEEP BACK."
- Dr. Gubacher is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker, who fans will recognize as the voice of all of the clones as well as numerous other series characters.
Want more? Discuss this article and others on Show Patrol's Facebook page.Copyright © 2015, RedEye