Darth Maul returns to "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" this fall, and he looks pissed.
Everyone's favorite Sith badass looms large in the first trailer for Season 5 of the animated series, which will premiere in September on Cartoon Network.
"Our combined strength will be rewarded," Maul tells his brother, Savage Opress, in the trailer, "and Kenobi, this Sith pretender, Dooku, and all our enemies will fall."
That's quite a group of enemies the red devil has in his sights, but the trailer doesn't stop with Maul's checklist. Mandalorian terrorist Pre Vizsla and the Death Watch are ready to challenge the Sith brothers for galactic supremacy.
Chills. LucasFilm sure knows how to create excitement for a new season. What did you think of the trailer? Are you excited for the new season of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars?" I've listed a few more highlights from the trailer below:
- Maul and Obi-Wan have a clifftop showdown.
- The Jedi battle to take control of the planet Onderon, which looks a lot like Pandora in "Avatar," at least those flying beasties do.
- Embo the bounty hunter is back, using his broad-rimmed hat as a weapon and riding it like a snowboard.
- But the coolest weapon, perhaps, is Pre Vizsla's Darksaber.
- The pirate Hondo is a true survivor, and now apparently he's an arms dealer. He's got a funny bit in the trailer.
- Maul sends his light-saber flying through the air at three green-skinned Falleen, presumably slicing them to bits.
Darth Maul and Savage Opress are ready for way in Season 5 of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars." (LucasFilm)
Pre Vizsla and his Darthsaber will tear things up in Season 5 of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars." (LucasFilm)