The Just For Laughs Chicago comedy festival June 14-19 is getting funnier with the addition of several new shows:
- “Saturday Night Live” head writer and “Weekend Update” anchor Seth Meyers will perform June 18 at The Vic Theatre.
- Steve Martin and Martin Short team up for Steve Martin and Martin Short in a Very Stupid Conversation June 19 at The Chicago Theatre.
- Jo Koy will do stand-up in a solo show June 15 at The Vic.
- Blue Collar Comedy Tour charter member Ron White and comedian/country singer Rodney Carrington team up June 15 at the Rosemont Theatre.
- Chicago comic Hannibal Buress, Kumail Nanjiani, Kristen Schaal and Paul F. Tompkins join Demetri Martin for his June 16 show—called Demetri Martin & Special Guests, Who are Also Comedians and are Friends of His—at The Chicago Theatre.
- A second performance of Louis C.K. and Three Very Special Guests has been added for June 18.
Tickets for these new shows, part of the officially title Twix Presents: TBS Just For Laughs Chicago, go on sale April 30, with presale beginning April 29.
Previously announced festival appearances inlcude George Lopez, Russell Peters, Jeffrey Ross, Whitney Cummings, Tim Minchin and Jim Jefferies, as well as The Anti-Social Network, the Chicago Theatre’s opening show featuring Dave Attell, Jim Breuer, Bill Burr and host Jim Norton.
Get full venue and ticket info at the Just For Laughs Chicago site.
Read Kyra Kyles' 2009 interview with Hannibal Buress at The Kyles Files.