Host Jane Lynch opened the Emmy Awards on Sunday by lip-synching a production number that saw the TV landscape as a building where all TV shows live. She wasn't alone in the pre-taped skit that turned into a live performance, but "30 Rock" star Alec Baldwin was not there. He was replaced by Leonard Nimoy because Fox parent company News Corp. apparently didn't think his joke about phone hacking--originally a part of the bit--was funny. Sensitive! Here's who I did spot:
- "Star Trek" icon Nimoy, as the president of TV
- Martha Plimpton of "Raising Hope"
- Jimmy Fallon
- "The Simpsons"
- "Entourage" stars Jeremy Piven and Rex Lee
- "Weeds" actor Kevin Nealon
- Eric "McSteamy" Dane from "Grey's Anatomy"
- "The Big Bang Theory" cast
- Marcel Vigneron of "Marcel's Quantum Kitchen"
- "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson
- Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman of "Mythbusters"
- Nick Offerman of "Parks and Recreation"
- Andy Richter from "Conan"
- "Mad Men" cast
- Part of the "Friday Night Lights" cast
- Paul Marcarelli, the Verizon Wireless "Can you hear me now?" guy
- Lynch's "Glee" character, Sue Sylvester
Anyone I missed? Leave a comment. Copyright © 2015, RedEye