ABC has ordered a ton of new series for the fall, and has axed the dramas "Brothers & Sisters,” “Detroit 1-8-7,” “No Ordinary Family,” “Off the Map” and the comedies “Mr. Sunshine” and "Better With You."
ABC is set to officially unveil its programming lineup Tuesday, but according to The Hollywood Reporter, will add several news series including “Charlie’s Angels,” starring Minka Kelly, Annie Ilonzeh and Rachael Taylor, and the sexy soap “Pan Am,” starring Christina Ricci. Other freshman shows that will return include the comedy “Happy Endings,” drama "Body of Proof" and the reality show "Shark Tank." If I haven't listed a current show as out, it's probably in. But the full schedule will be released Tuesday.
Here’s a list of ABC’s new programs:
- “Charlie’s Angels”: A modern take on the 1970s series.
- “Pan Am”: Stewardesses and pilots in the 1960s live double lives as spies.
- “Last Man Standing”: Tim Allen stars as a man fighting for his manhood in a world increasingly dominated by women.
- “Apartment 23”: A Midwestern girl move to the big city with big dreams, but finds life a little disappointing. It’s a comedy.
- “Good Christian Belles” (formerly “Good Christian Bitches”): ABC feared the conservatives by renaming this soap about a former high school “mean girl” who comes home to Dallas after her marriage ends in scandal.
- “Revenge”: The Count of Monte Cristo-inspired soap stars Emily VanCamp as a woman who moves to the Hamptons.
- “Once Upon a Time”: In this fantasy drama, Jennifer Morrison plays a woman who meets a boy claiming to be her son and is drawn into a town where fairy tales might be real. Ginnifer Goodwin plays Snow White.
- “Scandal” (formerly “Damage Control”): Based on the career of crisis management consultant Judy Smith, the drama stars Kerry Washington as a professional fixer.
- “The River”: A group of people search the Amazon for a missing adventurer.
- “Work It”: Two ex-car salesmen (Amury Nolasco, Ben Koldyke) dress as women in order to get jobs as pharmaceutical reps.
- “Suburgatory”: A New Yorker moves to the suburbs and is horrified by what she sees.