Logan Square’s diagonal thoroughfare carves out the perfect path for a night of bar-hopping. This itinerary starts near the California stop on the Blue Line and heads northwest before doubling back to make the most of two bars with late-night licenses.
1) Start your night with a couple of cheap beers at Cole’s Bar (2338 N. Milwaukee Ave. 773-276-5802), where you might be lucky enough to catch a band rocking out in the back room.
2) Right at the Fullerton/Milwaukee split, Helen’s Two-Way Lounge (2928 W. Fullerton Ave. 773-227-5676), named for dual entrances on each street, is just right for your next round.
3) Next, hit up The Rocking Horse (2535 N. Milwaukee Ave. 773-486-0011) to put some food in your stomach in the form of wings, a tater tot platter or a huge burger.
4) Once you’ve refueled, double back and belly up to the extra-long bar at The Owl (2521 N. Milwaukee Ave. 773-235-5300) for one of 20 beers on tap.
5) Up for one more stop? It’s a short walk down to Bonny’s (2417 N. Milwaukee Ave.), which keeps the music (and mini-dance floor) going late.Copyright © 2015, RedEye