6 things about the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album
Karen O. of Yeah Yeah Yeahs has been hinting at a new album in the works for a while now, and the band finally pulled the trigger Monday with the announcement that the first album in four years, "Mosquito," will be out in April. It sounds like it's going to be damn-near epic, and here are a few things you should know about it.
1. It's coming out on April 16.
Coachella is April 12-14 and April 19-21. Who wants to bet YYY will be headlining?
2. The first single, "Mosquito," is about mosquitos.
No hidden agenda. Just...mosquitos. Lyrics include: "They can see you, but you can't see them."
3. This is the album cover.
4. Karen O. is a blonde now?
via LA Times
5. It's probably going to sound more like old YYY than "It's Blitz!" YYY.
Karen O. said in a statement: "This is a feel-good, food-for-the-soul, chicken-soup-for-the-ears Yeah Yeah Yeahs record," she said. "Which doesn't mean easy listening. It means kind of raw, kind of chaotic, kind of dreamy. Very us."
6. It's been four years since the last YYY album, "It's Blitz!" and 10 years since the debut "Fever to Tell" came out in 2003.
What is time? Who am I? What is my purpose here?
Want more? Discuss this article and others on RedEye's Facebook page.
Copyright © 2013 Chicago Tribune Company, LLC