Kyra Kyles aka The Kyles Files
12:52 AM CDT, July 11, 2011
Each week, I put two to three local music artists against each other for a fight to the finish. Here are the official rules, so please check them out and then, enter -- if you dare!
Voters, one vote per poster, so don't try any Jedi mindtricks on me with multiple profiles. Keep it fair, fam.
(1) Only ONE track submission per artist per month. (No microphone hogs allowed.)
(2) Make it good. I don't want to hear any crying if the blogosphere mocks your efforts. Do the best job you can to get that polished studio sound and discourage your uncles and them from helping with the hook. You may not even make it into the track-off circle if you do not come totally correct.
(3) Don't send the track to me more than once. It's not that I don't love you, but my inbox could implode. IMPORTANT UPDATE: Send all e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will delete any submissions to my Tribune account.
(4) Make sure you let your fans and friends know you're in the heat of battle. Only votes that appear on the blog between 12 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. on Monday count. Period.
(5) Make it CLEAN. Updated on July 12. I do a weekly segment on WGN-TV and they'd like to play some of my track-off stars on air from time to time. I can't do that if the track isn't --to paraphrase the Wu-- cleaner than a bar of soap. Additionally, I don't want to hear every n-word, f-word and other word you can muster up. Track-off audience is diverse, and if your goal is to go radio, you should be ready with appropriate material. Previous track-off submissions (4/4/12/2010) are grandfathered in, but all future tracks need to be radio edit version.
Again, winners will be considered for a Pop Pick placement in the RedEye, WGN-TV shoutouts (Thursday at 5:45 p.m.) and other music coverage down the line.
So, come correct if you send your treasured track to email@example.com. Artists, please put your name and song title in the subject line and make sure to also label your track, so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Also, include a HIGH REZ photo and any necessary photo credit. If I don't get all these materials, I will have to DQ you.
Copyright © 2014 Chicago Tribune Company, LLC