It's Valentine's Day! As Sir Michael Bolton once said, love is a wonderful thing. What better way to show that love than through the gift of music? Here's a bunch of amazing love-themed mixtapes that you should be playing today and any other day that love is on your mind.
- ?uestlove has made a special love playlist that's only available if you subscribe to Rdio.
- New G.O.O.D music signee and 1/2 of production duo TNGHT Hudson Mohawke drops his 6th annual "Slow Jams" mixtape.
- Sober1 has a new installment of his "Satin Sheets" series.
- Amsterdam music blog MOOVMNT has a Valentine's Day mix that's pretty smooth.
- Bay Area DJ Wonway has an hour-long love making soundtrack here.
- Fool's Gold co-founder Nick Catchdubs has a very eclective mix for you to bump uglies to.
- No special someone? Don't sweat it! Local DJ's Lani Love and Major Taylor want to remind you that you've got friends that care.
- It's not a specific Valentine's-themed tape, but Jeremih's "Late Nights with..." tape should be a must-play for any and all romantic encounters.
Hope these get you in the mood to get your swerve on!