Sure, Kate Middleton—excuse us, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge—looked gorgeous on her wedding day. But her little sister, Pippa, 27, looked every bit as dazzling in her ivory-colored Alexander McQueen bridesmaid dress. And c'mon, who would you rather hang out with? Kate, the boring married gal who must play it straight or face the queen, or Pippa, the singleton who gets scantily clad photos of herself dancing with hot guys posted all over the tabloids (as happened Wednesday)? We think the choice is obvious. Here are seven things you absolutely need to know right now about Pippa Middleton, the girl we want to be our new best friend.
1. "Pippa" is short for Philippa. That's a moderately common British name, you uncultured Yankee barbarian.
2. The Pippa Middleton Ass Appreciation Society has more than 200,000 fans. (Yes, there's also a Twitter account and T-shirts available for purchase.)
3. Pipster is no dumb hottie. She has an English degree from the University of Edinburgh, which isn't far from St. Andrews, where Kate and William went to college.
4. Partying is in her blood. She works with professional party planning company Table Talk in London, plus she's author of The Party Times, the online magazine for her parents' mail-order party supply business.
5. That televised chemistry with Prince Harry? It's all for show. Pippa has been dating handsome cricket player-turned-businessman Alex Loudon since December, and even brought him as her date to the royal wedding.
6. She's not afraid of a public royal feud. In 2008, the Daily Mail reported that Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie wouldn't allow Pippa to sit in the front row of a fashion show because Pippa didn't invite Beatrice to a "roller-skating charity disco."
7. She's capable of creating her own royal ties. Pippa has dated two British aristocrats in the past, abc.com reported, plus a fancy-sounding chap named Alexander Spencer-Churchill, who is a relative of Princess Diana.
Sources: people.com, usmagazine.com, abcnews.com, dailymail.co.ukCopyright © 2015, RedEye